- Jim Fuester
- Bonnie Gabowitz
- Paul Koch
- Henry Reynolds
Director of Marketing and Event Management, Full-time.
Kerrytown Concert House (KCH), an arts presenter of and facility for live performances of classical, jazz, cabaret, avant-garde, and other musical genres, seeks a Director of Marketing and Event Management. This person will be an important member of the five-member staff holding full and part time positions. KCH is a 501(c) 3 organization and has operated successfully in the historic district of Ann Arbor, Kerrytown, for over 30 years. It is open 7 days a week year round.
Working closely with the Executive Director (ED) and Artistic Director (AD), the Director of Marketing and Event Management will be primarily responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies, as well as responsible for coordinating and managing public and private events in collaboration with the House Manager & Marketing Assistant (HM/MA). This is a full-time position with a flexible schedule - primarily weekday office hours with additional evenings and weekends for event management.
Responsibilities by Area:
- Strategize and create PR and marketing plans for upcoming events
- Update KCH website regularly
- Create and send weekly email blasts and specific targeted emails for individual concerts
- Design event posters, postcards, and newsletters
- Write calendar press releases and distribute monthly
- Maintain press contacts and respond to press needs
- Develop target audience groups and make personal contacts
- Advise artists on PR options
- Solicit and maintain advertisers for KCH event programs
- Along with volunteers, distribute posters and marketing materials around town
- Regularly manage and update social media presence
- Maintain email lists
- Organize community outreach plans. Examples: tables in the Farmers Market, ticket giveaways with radio stations, discounts/free tickets for area students, ticket donations for area fundraisers, etc.
- Strategize and implement improvements to website (with ED & AD)
- Provide on-site management of both public and private KCH events, and post-event reporting (primarily with HM/MA and assisted by ED & AD)
- Schedule KCH staff, interns and volunteers for events
- Schedule rental events (with ED). Work with renters to answer questions and resolve problems
- Oversee preparation for events
- Recruit and train interns and volunteers (shared with ED)
- Provide artist services both on and off site
- Maintain reservation file
- Create individual event programs for public KCH presentations
- Track newcomers and new memberships following each performance
- Answer phones as needed
- Schedule cleaning of the hall
- Maintain stock of cleaning supplies, paper products, water, etc.
- Comfortable with a flexible work schedule, primarily weekday office hours with additional evenings and weekends for events.
- Ability to deal with the public on a professional and genuinely cordial basis.
- Assertive, self-confident, self-starter with the flexibility and drive needed to contribute in a small organization.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to perform occasional physical tasks as needed such as stacking chairs, climbing ladders, carrying and setting up audio equipment, etc.
- Proficiency in computer use and common software programs. In addition, experience with or willingness to learn the following programs is needed:
- Mac OS
- Mac Mail
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Google applications (Calendar, Docs, etc.)
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Filemaker Pro
- Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Expression Engine – website maintenance
- Broadcast Genius – email distribution system for weekly/monthly emails
- Square credit card processing
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Possess a strong musical performing arts background.
- Experience in arts marketing/promotion, and event presenting/producing.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KCH operates on an annual budget of approximately $300K. Compensation is based on experience and qualifications and includes parking.